Sewer Scope Inspections
At Skyline Home Inspections we empower clients to make informed decisions about property purchase and maintenance by diligently inspecting, educating, and supporting YOU with the facts. Know before you buy!
While the sewer/septic is among the most important systems in your home, few homeowners understand the true condition of the drainage plumbing and lateral lines that transport the waste to the septic tank or municipal sewer connection. If hidden damage is present, major unexpected expenses could be in your near future.
At Skyline Home Inspections we are fully equipped to diligently inform our clients about the true condition of your home and the systems that it contains. With our sewer scope inspection we can provide a thorough and technical analysis of the sewer line to identify issues before it is too late.
You might need a sewer scope inspection if you are experiencing:
- Water back-ups and slow draining systems (indicates clog or damaged pipe)
- If a home is older than 1970 (damage and degraded systems are more likely with systems this age)
- Rodent or Pest presence
- Tree and Root Presence (Roots can crack, grow into and clog, and cause significant damage to the components of the system.)
- Unusually lush patches of grass (because sewer waste is a fertilizer when leaked it will present as unusually lush patches of grass and vegetation)
- Structural Movement – If settlement has occurred in the soil and building structure the drainage lines could be damaged as result leading to expensive repairs.
- Sewer Odors – Unusual sewer odors are a clear indication that a blockage or damage is present in the sewer/septic system.
What are we looking for?